Saturday, July 7, 2007

Summer is flying by


Hey, I haven't written anything in a while so I figured I would do a little catching up. Summer is flying by. Steven starts back at school in a month, I go back to start getting my room ready in a month and a half. But enough about that. VBS was great, hectic but so worth it. My kids loved it. Brian took a week off of work (as usual) and helped out in the 2nd grade class. They had a wonderful group of kids this year. I have been trying to get the house and us ready for vacation starting tomorrow!!!! I am so excited. We are leaving tomorrow and stopping in Savannah for the night. Monday morning we are going to Lady and Sons. Yes that is right we are going to Paula Deen's restaurant. I think it would be awesome if she were to make a surprise appearance while we are there. I think she is so great. I love watching her on the Food Network. After that we are going to do a little sightseeing before we go to our main destination, Folly Beach, South Carolina. That is right outside of Charleston. We will be staying for a week. My mother-in-law rented a house on the beach. It will be my family, my sister-in-law and her family, my mother-in-law (obviously) and one of her brothers and one of her sisters. Her father will be there too. You would think that would be enough, but no. Another one of her sister's lives in SC and so do a few of Brian's cousins. They will come and visit with on a few days. We will play on the beach, go to Charleston to do a few things, but mostly just relax and enjoy each other. I CAN'T WAIT!!! And yes I do get along with my mother-in-law, she is the best. I lucked out so much with her, no horror stories to tell. Even though she doesn't know how to tell my kids no on anything. But I will try to keep in mind that it is vacation and try to let them have fun. (Although I will remind her that we do have to live with these children when we get home so try not to go overboard). Well I think that is all. I will update when we get home. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th, (we did) and talk to you soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica-
I hope you guys are having a FABULOUS time on vacation! I LOVE your new pics on here. SO PRECIOUS!!!
I look forward to seeing you and hearing all about your trip when you return!
Hugs-
Angela

free hit counter
Provided by website design company directory.