Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wow, so sorry!

Seems as if I have abandoned my blog. I just got in kind a rut. I wanted to do more writing, but really didn't have much to write about. Oh well, that's life. As I type, I am sitting at the beach. Yep, we are on vacation. We started it off with a wedding last night. It was a beautiful ceremony and the bride was gorgeous. The bride is one of Brian's cousins. The ceremony took place in Charleston. I have always loved that city. I wish I could have enjoyed the reception more though. In the afternoon before the wedding ceremony we took the kids out to the beach so they could play in the sand and ocean. Well, I put sunblock everywhere...or so I thought. I totally forgot my back. So last night I was uncomfortable and sooooo tired. The reception was GREAT!! The bride and groom wanted to have food that they loved. There were several different stations set up. A cheese and fruit area, a deviled egg bar, a place to get shrimp and grits. There was a place with ginormous shrimp, with little ham/turkey sandwiches and grilled asparagus. Then one of the best stations was the steak table. It had with it some fried green tomatoes and the world's best mac and cheese.


We are sitting around today and will eventually make it to the ocean...well the boys will. I will be sticking around the condo with Kendall. She doesn't care too much for the sand between her toes and the salty ocean water that likes to knock her over and get in her mouth. She has made it perfectly clear that she objects to it. (pictures to come).


Well, I guess that is it. I will update later on the kid's last days of school, but why focus on any aspect of school while on vacation.

3 comments:

Pam D said...

Yeah, I've been in a blog rut, too. Mainly just "I Heart Faces", and that's it. But, we've been busy, and I suppose that living life IS better than just writing about it. I'm so sorry you got burned; Mom always ends up being the one who doesn't have sunscreen. Drink LOTS of water; that really does make it better. And vinegar makes the pain go away fast (I love vinegar... even if it DOES make me smell like a pickle!). Y'all have fun... no more burns... see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I need to become a member of your family. Someone seems to always be getting married at the beach! :)

Pam D said...

Hee!!! I love that comment! Hey, wait.. aren't I sort of like a member of the family? Ummm.. where WAS my invitation to this wedding???

free hit counter
Provided by website design company directory.