Monday, December 29, 2008

Just some ramblings....

The boys return from Illinois in a couple of hours. Even though I have enjoyed the quiet and only having one child to take care of, I have missed my boys so much. I can't wait to hear their stories and see what they come home with. Course the job of "detoxing" them from all that junk I am sure they had starts too.


I can't believe that 2009 is quickly approaching. I would be lying if I said I am sad to see 2008 go. I can not wait to see what the new year brings. 2008 has been a little on the rough side for us. Especially July with Brian's cancer diagnosis. We were blessed with a quick healing and no side effects. Brian continues to do well. It did however teach us not to take everything in life for granted and appreciate everyone in your life. You never know what life will bring.


I hate to do New Year's Resolutions, but since I have two events happening this summer, I guess it would be to lose weight. Brian has a cousin who is getting married the beginning of June, so I want to lose some for that. Did I mention that our vacation will start then too. She is getting married in Charleston. We will head over to Folly Beach after that. Also, get this....my 10 year high school reunion should be this summer. I would like to lose some for that. I don't necessarily have a goal to lose, but there is plenty so any number will be a good one.


What are your resolutions? Tell me about them.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I need to read the Bible more and get my son back! I need to keep my faith and not lose it even when things get rough. I hope to be at least a brown belt in taekwondo as well by the end of 2009.

Pam D said...

Seeing as how my 30th reunion was this past summer and you and I both have 8 (soon to be 9) year olds, I guess I will resolve to stop getting any older. :<) I fell yesterday, and the first thought that crossed my mind was "I hope I didn't break my hip!" Sweet... (and my hip is bruised but fine). Yes, I think I shall not get any older this year, and that will be my big resolution!

free hit counter
Provided by website design company directory.