Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I hope everyone had a fun New Years Eve. We brought in the New Year with some good friends of ours. The kids (for the most part) played upstairs together. We watched some of the GT/LSU game (ha, if you want to call that a game). Then we ended up playing "Friends Scene It). Wow, maybe I don't know as much about that show as I thought. Everyone was awake to see the Peach drop, except for Matthew. I think he fell out at 11:30.


I was reading a friend's blog and it made me think of all the good things that happened this year. As challenging as 2008 was, it had it's good moments too.


Spending time with family...






Birthday parties....






Weddings...




Summertime...











Looking at these pictures (and there are SO many more) made me realize that it was a great year. We were truly blessed. Even with Brian's diagnosis with cancer this summer, which he is doing so well and no side effects. With a few other friends having some health issues too. They are doing well. I have friends and family that are going through or have been through divorces and going through nasty custody battles, (which is still going on, so please pray really hard). We have family going through the death of a loved one, as I type they are in the middle of her funeral. I know this is NOT how they envisioned bringing in the New Year. But this lady is now in Heaven walking the streets of gold with Jesus. So she is the lucky one.


The Maxey's are dealing with their situation. They are teaching everyone to remember that God is in control and there is nothing he can't handle. He is bigger than any nasty cancer. They teach us to appreciate the small things and to remember to laugh any chance you get. Every event this year has re-taught me the AWESOME power of PRAYER, and that is something I am truly grateful for.


Another family that could really teach you the power of prayer is this family.


Share some of your favorite memories from 2008!!

2 comments:

Pam D said...

Thanks for the shout out! Isn't it great going back through the year's pictures? Cause let's face it, we usually take pictures of the good stuff, and it's a great way to dwell on the positive. I think I may just do it EVERY year! :<) You sure did have a lot to be thankful for..! Praying that at the end of 2009, there will be TWICE as many photos to sift through, just because it was that much better!

Unknown said...

Our favorite memories of 2008 are much like yours. Family, friends, and good times. I too am glad for 2009 for a new start. My camera was stolen along with several other things back in August so I can't blog my pics, but what a great idea. I scrapbook as well so at least I was able to journal them there prior to the camera being stolen. Great blog!

free hit counter
Provided by website design company directory.