Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We don't need no stinkin warranty!!

Don't you just love having warranties on cars. Most of the time you don't need them or something very minor happens. It's when the warranty expires is when you really need them. Today was that day for us. I went in for a simple oil change, and OIL CHANGE people!! I had to leave my car there so they could replace one of the things that hold in my ENGINE!! I about wet myself when I heard I had been driving around with my engine ready to fall out of my van!!! I had been hearing a loud clunk when I would start my car and also when I would shift it into either reverse or drive. I knew it wasn't the transmission (even though it does need flushing) but I didn't really think much about it. Well I found the cause. The clunking was my engine hitting the frame of the car. It was starting to wear down the axles, but luckily those are still good. So a simple $30 oil change ended up being a $400 fix. The good thing is we are able to pay for this, IN CASH. We have been buckling down on our finances for the past 2 years. It is hard not being able to do what we want when we want. But then we think..."In the next two years the only things we will have to pay on is the house and the van, that makes it feel good." Needless to say we had lots of credit card debt...the joys of getting married early in life and falling prey to the CREDIT CARD MONSTER!! We have gotten away from using our credit cards for the past two years. Man that feels good. Anyway, I just came here to moan about the car and when on a major tangent about debt. Off to get the van!

0 comments:

free hit counter
Provided by website design company directory.