Thursday, May 7, 2009

Time to play catch up

Today I figured it was time to do a quick little update on the family. I seem to have gotten caught up in all the picture "contests". Well here goes (not like there is too much going on)...

Hmmm, where to start...well for Spring Break we did a whole lotta NOTHING!! I met some friends at Chuck E. Cheese one day and one day took the kids to my mom's work so she could see her grand kids and show them off. The rest of the break was filled with video games, movie watching, outside play and just overall laziness.


Easter was fun. We all got tons of candy (we are starting to throw it away now). It was also nice because when we talked to the boys about the real meaning of Easter they both could tell us and they both said how thankful to Jesus they are for what He did for them. We celebrated at my grandmother's house on Saturday and my mother-in-law's house on Easter Sunday in the afternoon. Our church had a WONDERFUL performance, complete with rainfall.



Steven sailed through his CRCTs at school and I am glad they are over. He has just a few more weeks of school left. I can't believe he will be done with 3rd grade so soon. Wasn't he just born? His 9th birthday was on April 15 and he wanted to celebrate with a lunch with family at Golden Corral. We went to Mountasia afterwards and rode Go-Karts, Bumper Boats and played some Putt-Putt golf. It was gorgeous day outside. The batteries for my camera were dying, so luckily I had a fellow "photographer" there. (we are both learning, but she is by far way better than I am), and she saved the day with pictures. Here are some pictures I took


Here is the cake I made..






Here is a slideshow of some of the pics Pam D took for me.


You can click here to see the video of Steven getting his gift from us. If you didn't see the little montage that I did for Steven for his birthday you can click here.


Matthew is winding up his last year in Pre-K. I can't believe he is almost in Kindergarten. Lil Miss K is growing like a weed. She is talking more and more and continues to be potty trained. I am still so impressed with this.


Brian is still enjoying being very involved with Steven and the scouts. He is still enjoying his job with Georgia Tech Research Institution. We actually went to Stone Mountain a couple of weeks ago for GTRI's 75th Anniversary. Everything was free and we stayed and enjoyed the laser show. The kids had a blast. I am finishing up my first year at my new place of employment at First Baptist Church of Dallas Preschool. It has taken some adjustment with how a new school works and making new friends, but it's coming along. I look forward to returning next year.


We are gearing up for a fun filled summer. We are kicking off the summer with a wedding then the beach for over a week. I so can not wait. I love the beach. The wedding will take place in Charleston. One of Brian's cousins is getting married. We will head over to Folly Beach when the wedding festivities are over.


Well I guess that is it. So much a for a short post. Ha ha gotcha!!

2 comments:

Pam D said...

Busy, but fun! You DO have a fun (and funny!) family.. you're so blessed. Folly Beach sounds lovely.. we've not been there but have heard great things! I'm sure you'll give us the scoop...

The Foster Home said...

Pam you are one of us now, you know that right. You fit in so well.

free hit counter
Provided by website design company directory.